Tattva NewsTattva News
  • Telegu states
  • Regional
  • National
  • International
  • Economy
  • Others
  • Special Stories
  • Opinion
Weather Report
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Trending
  • Dr Bhagwat slams regulatory rigidity in education
  • Indian EV market to touch Rs. 20 lakh crore by 2030
  • Pragjyotishpur LitFest ’24 concludes with a high note
  •  Former Haryana CM, INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala passes away
  • Parliament adjourns sine die amid protests by Opposition and treasury benches
  • Opposition notice for no-confidence against Dhankhar rajected
  • PM Modi lists out ‘sins’ of Congress towards Ambedkar
  • Globally a record number of journalists killed in 2024: India loses 4 scribes
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest
Monday, February 16
Click for the latest Hyderabad weather forecast.
Telugu
Tattva NewsTattva News
  • Telegu states
  • Regional
  • National
  • International
  • Economy
  • Others
  • Special Stories
  • Opinion
Tattva NewsTattva News
Telugu
Home » Health Ministry assures safety of healthcare professionals
National

Health Ministry assures safety of healthcare professionals

Editor's Desk, Tattva NewsBy Editor's Desk, Tattva NewsAugust 18, 2024Updated:August 18, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Given the concerns expressed by FORDA, IMA and Resident Doctors’ Associations of Governmental Medical Colleges & Hospitals of Delhi, the Health and Family Welfare Ministry has assured them of constituting a Committee to suggest all such possible measures for ensuring the safety of healthcare professionals.

A postgraduate trainee doctor was allegedly raped and murdered while on duty at the RG Kar MCH last week. And when a demonstration was underway against the gruesome incident in the early hours of August 15, a mob ransacked parts of the hospital.

Representatives of all stakeholders including the State Governments will be invited to share their suggestions with the Committee. The Ministry requested the agitating doctors to resume their duties in the larger public interest and because of the rising cases of Dengue and Malaria: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.

The IMA put forth five demands, including a thorough overhaul of the working and living conditions of resident doctors and a central law to check violence against healthcare professionals at workplaces.

The IMA has declared a nationwide withdrawal of non-emergency medical services for 24 hours beginning from August 17 6 am to protest against the rape and murder of a resident doctor at a hospital in Kolkata.

All essential services will be maintained and casualties will be manned, the IMA said in a statement. The routine OPDs will not function and elective surgeries will not be conducted. The withdrawal is across all the sectors wherever modern medicine doctors are providing service, the doctors’ body said.

The IMA demanded a thorough overhaul of the working and living conditions of resident doctors, including the 36-hour duty shift that the victim was in and the lack of safe spaces to take a rest. It has also demanded that hospitals be declared safe zones with the first step being mandatory security entitlements.

The doctors’ body also called for meticulous and professional investigation of the crime in a specific time frame and rendering of justice besides identifying those involved in the vandalism of the hospital premises and awarding exemplary punishment. It also sought an appropriate and dignified compensation to the bereaved family commensurate with the cruelty inflicted.

Health Ministry Healthcare professionals IMA
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor's Desk, Tattva News

Related Posts

Dr Bhagwat slams regulatory rigidity in education

December 21, 2024

 Former Haryana CM, INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala passes away

December 20, 2024

Parliament adjourns sine die amid protests by Opposition and treasury benches

December 20, 2024

Opposition notice for no-confidence against Dhankhar rajected

December 20, 2024

PM Modi lists out ‘sins’ of Congress towards Ambedkar

December 18, 2024

Priyanka brings ‘Bangladesh’ bag, day after row over ‘Palestine’ tag

December 18, 2024

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

FOLLOW US
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn
REGIONAL

‘Samatar Chandere Jivanar Joigaan’ to pay homage to Ambedkar

December 6, 2024

PPFA offers thanks to Delhi, Dispur for classical recognition to Asomiya

October 12, 2024

Yogi slams Congress prince heading to become anti-India separatist group leader

September 12, 2024

Rajasthan CM  gets threat call from Dausa jail

July 29, 2024
NATIONAL

Dr Bhagwat slams regulatory rigidity in education

December 21, 2024

 Former Haryana CM, INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala passes away

December 20, 2024

Parliament adjourns sine die amid protests by Opposition and treasury benches

December 20, 2024

Opposition notice for no-confidence against Dhankhar rajected

December 20, 2024
Tattva News
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn
  • Telegu State
  • Regional
  • National
  • International
  • Economy
  • Others
  • Special Stories
  • Opinion
  • Contact Us
© 2026 Tattva Talks Designed by Dhanush Infotech .

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.