Tattva NewsTattva News
  • Telegu states
  • Regional
  • National
  • International
  • Economy
  • Others
  • Special Stories
  • Opinion
Weather Report
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Trending
  • Dr Bhagwat slams regulatory rigidity in education
  • Indian EV market to touch Rs. 20 lakh crore by 2030
  • Pragjyotishpur LitFest ’24 concludes with a high note
  •  Former Haryana CM, INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala passes away
  • Parliament adjourns sine die amid protests by Opposition and treasury benches
  • Opposition notice for no-confidence against Dhankhar rajected
  • PM Modi lists out ‘sins’ of Congress towards Ambedkar
  • Globally a record number of journalists killed in 2024: India loses 4 scribes
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest
Monday, February 16
Click for the latest Hyderabad weather forecast.
Telugu
Tattva NewsTattva News
  • Telegu states
  • Regional
  • National
  • International
  • Economy
  • Others
  • Special Stories
  • Opinion
Tattva NewsTattva News
Telugu
Home » 17 Indians on board in Iran seized Israel cargo ship
International

17 Indians on board in Iran seized Israel cargo ship

Editor's Desk, Tattva NewsBy Editor's Desk, Tattva NewsApril 14, 2024Updated:April 14, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

As many as 17 Indian nationals were onboards a cargo ship which was taken control of by Iran off the coast of UAE, sources said on Saturday. Commandos from Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard rappelled down from a helicopter onto an Israeli-affiliated container ship near the Strait of Hormuz and seized the vessel Saturday, the latest in a series of attacks between the two countries.

“We are aware that a cargo ship ‘MSC Aries’ has been taken control of by Iran. We have learnt that there are 17 Indian nationals onboard. We are in touch with the Iranian authorities through diplomatic channels, both in Tehran and in Delhi, to ensure the security, welfare and early release of Indian nationals,” sources said.

The Middle East had braced for potential Iranian retaliation over a suspected Israeli strike earlier this month on an Iranian consular building in Syria that killed 12 people, including a senior Guard general who once commanded its expeditionary Quds Force there. 

Iran will bear consequences if it escalates violence in the region, an Israeli military spokesperson said on Saturday.“Iran will bear the consequences for choosing to escalate the situation any further,” Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said in a statement.

 “Israel is on high alert. We have increased our readiness to protect Israel from further Iranian aggression. We are also prepared to respond.” The statement was sent after the statement was made in reference to the seizure of a vessel between the United Arab Emirates and Iran.

Iran’s state-run IRNA news agency acknowledged the seizure after a video seen by the AP shows the commandos raiding the ship on Saturday, an attack a Mideast defence official attributed to Iran amid wider tensions between Tehran and the West.

Commandos from Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard rappelled down onto a container ship near the Strait of Hormuz and seized the vessel on Saturday, authorities said.

The attack was earlier reported by the British military’s United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations, which said it took place in the Gulf of Oman off the Emirati port city of Fujairah. Agencies

Earlier, US President Joe Biden said he expected Iran to attack Israel “sooner, rather than later” and warned Tehran not to proceed. Asked by reporters about his message to Iran, Biden said simply, “Don’t,” and he underscored Washington’s commitment to defend Israel.“We are devoted to the defence of Israel. We will support Israel. We will help defend Israel and Iran will not succeed,” he said.

Indians Iran hijack Israel cargo ship
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Editor's Desk, Tattva News

Related Posts

CPJ calls on new Syrian leaders to protect journalist safety

December 15, 2024

PEC deplored 12th media persons killed in Pakistan

December 13, 2024

Cambodian journalist died with bullet injuries, PEC demands justice

December 11, 2024

CPJ condemns police brutality against journalists covering Georgian protests

December 10, 2024

Asia Democracy Network slams Escalating Crackdown on Protests in Pakistan

December 3, 2024

11th journalist killed in Pakistan, PEC expresses concern

November 24, 2024

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

FOLLOW US
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn
REGIONAL

‘Samatar Chandere Jivanar Joigaan’ to pay homage to Ambedkar

December 6, 2024

PPFA offers thanks to Delhi, Dispur for classical recognition to Asomiya

October 12, 2024

Yogi slams Congress prince heading to become anti-India separatist group leader

September 12, 2024

Rajasthan CM  gets threat call from Dausa jail

July 29, 2024
NATIONAL

Dr Bhagwat slams regulatory rigidity in education

December 21, 2024

 Former Haryana CM, INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala passes away

December 20, 2024

Parliament adjourns sine die amid protests by Opposition and treasury benches

December 20, 2024

Opposition notice for no-confidence against Dhankhar rajected

December 20, 2024
Tattva News
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn
  • Telegu State
  • Regional
  • National
  • International
  • Economy
  • Others
  • Special Stories
  • Opinion
  • Contact Us
© 2026 Tattva Talks Designed by Dhanush Infotech .

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.